The POLITICO is reporting that House Appropriations Committee Chair and long time Great Lakes Advocate Rep. David Obey (D-Wisc.) will not be running for reelection. Rep. Obey has done tremendous work for Great Lakes restoration and his key post on the Appropriations Committee helped secure the Great Lakes Restoration Initiative in its first year FY2010.
- ‘Continue Great Lakes Restoration Initiative,’ Advocates Urge in New Paper
- Great Lakes Update from Washington, D.C.
- House supports Great Lakes restoration legislation – again!
- Clinton, Trump Campaigns Commit to Great Lakes Restoration Initiative at Candidate Forum
- Great Lakes Restoration Conference Opening Today in Sandusky, Ohio