The POLITICO is reporting that House Appropriations Committee Chair and long time Great Lakes Advocate Rep. David Obey (D-Wisc.) will not be running for reelection. Rep. Obey has done tremendous work for Great Lakes restoration and his key post on the Appropriations Committee helped secure the Great Lakes Restoration Initiative in its first year FY2010.
- Action Alert: Sign On to Urge Appropriators to Fully Fund the Great Lakes Restoration Initiative
- Trump Budget Eliminates Great Lakes Restoration Initiative, Leaving Fate of Lakes in Hands of U.S. Congress
- Great Lakes Advocates in D.C. to Urge Congress to Keep Restoration Efforts on Track
- Coalition: Trump Administration Proposed Cuts to Great Lakes Programs, EPA Unacceptable
- Press Briefing: Trump Administration Proposed Cuts, Rollbacks—Implications for Great Lakes