An industrialized stretch of the Buffalo River is being transformed into a greenway, and the Great Lakes Restoration Initiative provided most of the funding for the nearly $1 million project. Restoring the River Bend site will be another huge step toward restoring a river that caught fire and was declared dead in the 1960s. Read more here.
- Great Lakes Area of Concern Conference Registration Open
- Great Lakes Update: Transition from Obama Administration to Trump Administration Begins
- Weekly News Roundup: Habitat Restoration, Flint, and More
- Great Lakes Washington Update
- Coalition: Trump Administration Has Opportunity to Stand up for Great Lakes, Communities