An industrialized stretch of the Buffalo River is being transformed into a greenway, and the Great Lakes Restoration Initiative provided most of the funding for the nearly $1 million project. Restoring the River Bend site will be another huge step toward restoring a river that caught fire and was declared dead in the 1960s. Read more here.
- ‘Continue Great Lakes Restoration Initiative,’ Advocates Urge in New Paper
- Great Lakes Update from Washington, D.C.
- House supports Great Lakes restoration legislation – again!
- Clinton, Trump Campaigns Commit to Great Lakes Restoration Initiative at Candidate Forum
- Great Lakes Restoration Conference Opening Today in Sandusky, Ohio