An industrialized stretch of the Buffalo River is being transformed into a greenway, and the Great Lakes Restoration Initiative provided most of the funding for the nearly $1 million project. Restoring the River Bend site will be another huge step toward restoring a river that caught fire and was declared dead in the 1960s. Read more here.
- Action Alert: Sign On to Urge Appropriators to Fully Fund the Great Lakes Restoration Initiative
- Trump Budget Eliminates Great Lakes Restoration Initiative, Leaving Fate of Lakes in Hands of U.S. Congress
- Great Lakes Advocates in D.C. to Urge Congress to Keep Restoration Efforts on Track
- Coalition: Trump Administration Proposed Cuts to Great Lakes Programs, EPA Unacceptable
- Press Briefing: Trump Administration Proposed Cuts, Rollbacks—Implications for Great Lakes