- Great Lakes Update from Washington, D.C.
- House supports Great Lakes restoration legislation – again!
- Clinton, Trump Campaigns Commit to Great Lakes Restoration Initiative at Candidate Forum
- Great Lakes Restoration Conference Opening Today in Sandusky, Ohio
- Great Lakes Advocates to Gather in Sandusky, Ohio, to Earn Commitments from Clinton, Trump
Tag Archives: Shipping Moratorium
May 23rd 2007
As Damage Mounts from Invasive Species, Congress Delays, Prompting Coalition to Endorse Shipping Moratorium in Great Lakes
ANN ARBOR, MI (May 23) – The Healing Our Waters-Great Lakes Coalition today is calling for a moratorium of ocean-going ships in the Great Lakes until Congress stops the introduction of aquatic invasive species. “Our call for a moratorium stems … Continue readingComments Off on As Damage Mounts from Invasive Species, Congress Delays, Prompting Coalition to Endorse Shipping Moratorium in Great Lakes
May 23rd 2007
In 2005, Dr. John Taylor and I conducted research and published a report entitled “Ocean Shipping In the Great Lakes: Transportation Cost Increases that Would Result from a Cessation of Ocean Vessel Shipping.” Online at http://www.gvsu.edu/business/index.cfm?id=11971F16-DBAF-2179-96B0680A95CC6F83. This work was sponsored … Continue readingComments Off on Ocean Going Shipping Moratorium: Remarks to Press Conference by James L. Roach