The removal of four small dams in Baldwin Creek restored nine miles of the stream, which flows into Lake Erie near Cleveland. The $506,000 project, funded in part by the Great Lakes Restoration Initiative, re-established the creek’s natural flow, removed barriers to fish passage and restored in-stream habitat for fish, including the state-threatened Bigmouth Shiner. Read more here.
- Updated Action Alert: Extended Deadline to Urge Representatives to Support GLRI Funding
- Action Alert: Urge Representatives to Sign On to Support GLRI Funding
- Great Lakes Update: Transition from Obama Administration to Trump Administration Begins
- Weekly News Roundup: Habitat Restoration, Flint, and More
- Great Lakes Washington Update