A $26 million project, with some funding from the Great Lakes Restoration Initiative, has helped people and wildlife enjoy the Menomonee River once more. The brownfield sites around the river has been remediated, a trail has been put in, and the river banks have been stabilized to prevent erosion. Read more here.
- Action Alert: Sign On to Urge Appropriators to Fully Fund the Great Lakes Restoration Initiative
- Trump Budget Eliminates Great Lakes Restoration Initiative, Leaving Fate of Lakes in Hands of U.S. Congress
- Great Lakes Advocates in D.C. to Urge Congress to Keep Restoration Efforts on Track
- Coalition: Trump Administration Proposed Cuts to Great Lakes Programs, EPA Unacceptable
- Press Briefing: Trump Administration Proposed Cuts, Rollbacks—Implications for Great Lakes