A project that restored 21 acres of sand dunes and aquatic habitat at Chicago’s 63rd Street Beach transformed a barren, trash-strewn stretch of Lake Michigan coastline into a more natural area that is popular with birds and beach-goers. The Great Lakes Restoration Initiative provided funding to reduce polluted stormwater runoff at the beach. Read more here.
- Action Alert: Sign On to Urge Appropriators to Fully Fund the Great Lakes Restoration Initiative
- Trump Budget Eliminates Great Lakes Restoration Initiative, Leaving Fate of Lakes in Hands of U.S. Congress
- Great Lakes Advocates in D.C. to Urge Congress to Keep Restoration Efforts on Track
- Coalition: Trump Administration Proposed Cuts to Great Lakes Programs, EPA Unacceptable
- Press Briefing: Trump Administration Proposed Cuts, Rollbacks—Implications for Great Lakes