A project that restored 21 acres of sand dunes and aquatic habitat at Chicago’s 63rd Street Beach transformed a barren, trash-strewn stretch of Lake Michigan coastline into a more natural area that is popular with birds and beach-goers. The Great Lakes Restoration Initiative provided funding to reduce polluted stormwater runoff at the beach. Read more here.
- Action Alert: Urge U.S. House Members to support Water Resources and Development Act
- ‘Continue Great Lakes Restoration Initiative,’ Advocates Urge in New Paper
- Great Lakes Update from Washington, D.C.
- House supports Great Lakes restoration legislation – again!
- Clinton, Trump Campaigns Commit to Great Lakes Restoration Initiative at Candidate Forum