A project that restored 21 acres of sand dunes and aquatic habitat at Chicago’s 63rd Street Beach transformed a barren, trash-strewn stretch of Lake Michigan coastline into a more natural area that is popular with birds and beach-goers. The Great Lakes Restoration Initiative provided funding to reduce polluted stormwater runoff at the beach. Read more here.
- Great Lakes Area of Concern Conference Registration Open
- Great Lakes Update: Transition from Obama Administration to Trump Administration Begins
- Weekly News Roundup: Habitat Restoration, Flint, and More
- Great Lakes Washington Update
- Coalition: Trump Administration Has Opportunity to Stand up for Great Lakes, Communities