A pilot project, with some funding from the Great Lakes Restoration Initiative, in the Fox River basin is helping farmers monitor and control the phosphorous on their land in an attempt to keep it out of nearby streams. The project has helped the Brickstead Dairy install cover crops and grassed waterways to prevent runoff. Read more here.
- Action Alert: Sign On to Urge Appropriators to Fully Fund the Great Lakes Restoration Initiative
- Trump Budget Eliminates Great Lakes Restoration Initiative, Leaving Fate of Lakes in Hands of U.S. Congress
- Great Lakes Advocates in D.C. to Urge Congress to Keep Restoration Efforts on Track
- Coalition: Trump Administration Proposed Cuts to Great Lakes Programs, EPA Unacceptable
- Press Briefing: Trump Administration Proposed Cuts, Rollbacks—Implications for Great Lakes