A pilot project, with some funding from the Great Lakes Restoration Initiative, in the Fox River basin is helping farmers monitor and control the phosphorous on their land in an attempt to keep it out of nearby streams. The project has helped the Brickstead Dairy install cover crops and grassed waterways to prevent runoff. Read more here.
- ‘Continue Great Lakes Restoration Initiative,’ Advocates Urge in New Paper
- Great Lakes Update from Washington, D.C.
- House supports Great Lakes restoration legislation – again!
- Clinton, Trump Campaigns Commit to Great Lakes Restoration Initiative at Candidate Forum
- Great Lakes Restoration Conference Opening Today in Sandusky, Ohio