A $1.3 million project funded by the Great Lakes Restoration Initiative is turning nearly 600 acres of farmland into wetlands and coastal marshes at the Ottawa National Wildlife Refuge in Ohio. The first of four projects at the refuge transformed the 171-acre Blausey Tract into wetlands that provide critical habitat for fish and wildlife. Read more here.
- Coalition on Trump Budget: ‘Counting on Congress to Deliver for Great Lakes’
- Creek Restoration in Ohio Helps Lake Erie Habitat, Golf Couse Bottom Line
- Weekly News Roundup: Harmful Algal Blooms, Ballast Water, and More
- Removing Invasive Plants Restores Habitat at Times Beach
- Weekly News Roundup: Infrastructure, Lake Ontario Water Levels, and More