A $1.3 million project funded by the Great Lakes Restoration Initiative is turning nearly 600 acres of farmland into wetlands and coastal marshes at the Ottawa National Wildlife Refuge in Ohio. The first of four projects at the refuge transformed the 171-acre Blausey Tract into wetlands that provide critical habitat for fish and wildlife. Read more here.
- Action Alert: Sign On to Urge Appropriators to Fully Fund the Great Lakes Restoration Initiative
- Trump Budget Eliminates Great Lakes Restoration Initiative, Leaving Fate of Lakes in Hands of U.S. Congress
- Great Lakes Advocates in D.C. to Urge Congress to Keep Restoration Efforts on Track
- Coalition: Trump Administration Proposed Cuts to Great Lakes Programs, EPA Unacceptable
- Press Briefing: Trump Administration Proposed Cuts, Rollbacks—Implications for Great Lakes