A $2 million project funded by the Great Lakes Restoration Initiative used radars to track bird migration and bat populations in the Great Lakes basin. The project could make Great Lakes wind power more ‘bird friendly’ by guiding wind power projects to areas where birds are less likely to fly into the spinning blades of wind turbines. Read more here.
- Action Alert: Sign On to Urge Appropriators to Fully Fund the Great Lakes Restoration Initiative
- Trump Budget Eliminates Great Lakes Restoration Initiative, Leaving Fate of Lakes in Hands of U.S. Congress
- Great Lakes Advocates in D.C. to Urge Congress to Keep Restoration Efforts on Track
- Coalition: Trump Administration Proposed Cuts to Great Lakes Programs, EPA Unacceptable
- Press Briefing: Trump Administration Proposed Cuts, Rollbacks—Implications for Great Lakes