A $2 million project funded by the Great Lakes Restoration Initiative used radars to track bird migration and bat populations in the Great Lakes basin. The project could make Great Lakes wind power more ‘bird friendly’ by guiding wind power projects to areas where birds are less likely to fly into the spinning blades of wind turbines. Read more here.
- ‘Continue Great Lakes Restoration Initiative,’ Advocates Urge in New Paper
- Great Lakes Update from Washington, D.C.
- House supports Great Lakes restoration legislation – again!
- Clinton, Trump Campaigns Commit to Great Lakes Restoration Initiative at Candidate Forum
- Great Lakes Restoration Conference Opening Today in Sandusky, Ohio