A diverse group of native ecosystems around the Chicago area help protect water quality in Lake Michigan and provide habitat for native wildlife. Yet many of these ecosystems are being threatened by invasive species that choke out native plants. Local organizations, with funding from the Great Lakes Restoration Initiative, have come together to remove invasive species from 4,500 acres north of Chicago. Read more here>
- ‘Continue Great Lakes Restoration Initiative,’ Advocates Urge in New Paper
- Great Lakes Update from Washington, D.C.
- House supports Great Lakes restoration legislation – again!
- Clinton, Trump Campaigns Commit to Great Lakes Restoration Initiative at Candidate Forum
- Great Lakes Restoration Conference Opening Today in Sandusky, Ohio