The first of three dams has been removed from the Boardman River in northern Michigan. The project is the largest of its kind in Michigan history. The Great Lakes Restoration Initiative provided $1.9 million for the first dam removal, which cost $4.2 million. Read more here.
- Great Lakes Area of Concern Conference Registration Open
- Great Lakes Update: Transition from Obama Administration to Trump Administration Begins
- Weekly News Roundup: Habitat Restoration, Flint, and More
- Great Lakes Washington Update
- Coalition: Trump Administration Has Opportunity to Stand up for Great Lakes, Communities