The first of three dams has been removed from the Boardman River in northern Michigan. The project is the largest of its kind in Michigan history. The Great Lakes Restoration Initiative provided $1.9 million for the first dam removal, which cost $4.2 million. Read more here.
- ‘Continue Great Lakes Restoration Initiative,’ Advocates Urge in New Paper
- Great Lakes Update from Washington, D.C.
- House supports Great Lakes restoration legislation – again!
- Clinton, Trump Campaigns Commit to Great Lakes Restoration Initiative at Candidate Forum
- Great Lakes Restoration Conference Opening Today in Sandusky, Ohio