A $175,000 project on the Milwaukee River with some funding from the Great Lakes Restoration Initiative simulates nearshore habitat for the urban area of the river. Small fish and other wildlife will now be able to travel the industrialized portion of the river more easily thanks to these floating habitats. Read more here.
- Great Lakes Area of Concern Conference Registration Open
- Great Lakes Update: Transition from Obama Administration to Trump Administration Begins
- Weekly News Roundup: Habitat Restoration, Flint, and More
- Great Lakes Washington Update
- Coalition: Trump Administration Has Opportunity to Stand up for Great Lakes, Communities