A $175,000 project on the Milwaukee River with some funding from the Great Lakes Restoration Initiative simulates nearshore habitat for the urban area of the river. Small fish and other wildlife will now be able to travel the industrialized portion of the river more easily thanks to these floating habitats. Read more here.
- ‘Continue Great Lakes Restoration Initiative,’ Advocates Urge in New Paper
- Great Lakes Update from Washington, D.C.
- House supports Great Lakes restoration legislation – again!
- Clinton, Trump Campaigns Commit to Great Lakes Restoration Initiative at Candidate Forum
- Great Lakes Restoration Conference Opening Today in Sandusky, Ohio