A $175,000 project on the Milwaukee River with some funding from the Great Lakes Restoration Initiative simulates nearshore habitat for the urban area of the river. Small fish and other wildlife will now be able to travel the industrialized portion of the river more easily thanks to these floating habitats. Read more here.
- Action Alert: Sign On to Urge Appropriators to Fully Fund the Great Lakes Restoration Initiative
- Trump Budget Eliminates Great Lakes Restoration Initiative, Leaving Fate of Lakes in Hands of U.S. Congress
- Great Lakes Advocates in D.C. to Urge Congress to Keep Restoration Efforts on Track
- Coalition: Trump Administration Proposed Cuts to Great Lakes Programs, EPA Unacceptable
- Press Briefing: Trump Administration Proposed Cuts, Rollbacks—Implications for Great Lakes