Our latest Great Lakes success story comes from the Lost Nation Golf Course in Willoughby, Ohio. Ward Creek travels through the suburbs of Cleveland, meeting up with the Chagrin River, which then flows into Lake Erie. A portion of the creek notorious for flooding and erosion bisects the golf course. Prior to restoration, the golf course lost several playable days each year due to flooding. Thanks to an investment by the Great Lakes Restoration Initiative Ward Creek’s shoreline has been stabilized with native plants, reducing erosion and sediment build-up in Lake Erie, while improving the golf experience (and revenue) at a local golf course. Read more here.
- Action Alert: Contact House Members to Support Great Lakes Restoration Funding
- Coalition Seeks Qualifications From Groups For State Leader Work
- Coalition Postpones Great Lakes Restoration Conference Due to Strike
- CONFERENCE ATTENDEES PLEASE READ: Conference Postponed—Action Required
- IMPORTANT INFORMATION REGARDING THE 2018 GREAT LAKES CONFERENCE