Northerly Island near downtown Chicago was the site of a former airstrip. The space has been completely transformed to provide habitat for fish and wildlife, as well as a beautiful space for people to visit. The land is close to downtown and brings 40 acres of nature into the windy city. Read more here.
- ‘Continue Great Lakes Restoration Initiative,’ Advocates Urge in New Paper
- Great Lakes Update from Washington, D.C.
- House supports Great Lakes restoration legislation – again!
- Clinton, Trump Campaigns Commit to Great Lakes Restoration Initiative at Candidate Forum
- Great Lakes Restoration Conference Opening Today in Sandusky, Ohio