Northerly Island near downtown Chicago was the site of a former airstrip. The space has been completely transformed to provide habitat for fish and wildlife, as well as a beautiful space for people to visit. The land is close to downtown and brings 40 acres of nature into the windy city. Read more here.
- Great Lakes Area of Concern Conference Registration Open
- Great Lakes Update: Transition from Obama Administration to Trump Administration Begins
- Weekly News Roundup: Habitat Restoration, Flint, and More
- Great Lakes Washington Update
- Coalition: Trump Administration Has Opportunity to Stand up for Great Lakes, Communities