A $34 million project, with $1.5 million from the Great Lakes Restoration Initiative, is restoring the effectiveness of the Cat Island chain in Green Bay. With the barrier island chain rebuilt, the nearshore waters are more suitable for native aquatic life and the wetlands on shore are more thoroughly protected. Read more here.
- ‘Continue Great Lakes Restoration Initiative,’ Advocates Urge in New Paper
- Great Lakes Update from Washington, D.C.
- House supports Great Lakes restoration legislation – again!
- Clinton, Trump Campaigns Commit to Great Lakes Restoration Initiative at Candidate Forum
- Great Lakes Restoration Conference Opening Today in Sandusky, Ohio