A $34 million project, with $1.5 million from the Great Lakes Restoration Initiative, is restoring the effectiveness of the Cat Island chain in Green Bay. With the barrier island chain rebuilt, the nearshore waters are more suitable for native aquatic life and the wetlands on shore are more thoroughly protected. Read more here.
- Action Alert: Sign On to Urge Appropriators to Fully Fund the Great Lakes Restoration Initiative
- Trump Budget Eliminates Great Lakes Restoration Initiative, Leaving Fate of Lakes in Hands of U.S. Congress
- Great Lakes Advocates in D.C. to Urge Congress to Keep Restoration Efforts on Track
- Coalition: Trump Administration Proposed Cuts to Great Lakes Programs, EPA Unacceptable
- Press Briefing: Trump Administration Proposed Cuts, Rollbacks—Implications for Great Lakes