Several projects on the campus of the University of Wisconsin at Milwaukee, some of which were funded by the Great Lakes Restoration Initiative, have helped decrease stormwater runoff during heavy rainfall. Many green rooftops, a spiral garden, and two storage cisterns that double as fountains all work together to reduce average stormwater runoff into the city’s sewerage system by 97 percent. Read more here.
- Action Alert: Sign On to Urge Appropriators to Fully Fund the Great Lakes Restoration Initiative
- Trump Budget Eliminates Great Lakes Restoration Initiative, Leaving Fate of Lakes in Hands of U.S. Congress
- Great Lakes Advocates in D.C. to Urge Congress to Keep Restoration Efforts on Track
- Coalition: Trump Administration Proposed Cuts to Great Lakes Programs, EPA Unacceptable
- Press Briefing: Trump Administration Proposed Cuts, Rollbacks—Implications for Great Lakes