Several projects on the campus of the University of Wisconsin at Milwaukee, some of which were funded by the Great Lakes Restoration Initiative, have helped decrease stormwater runoff during heavy rainfall. Many green rooftops, a spiral garden, and two storage cisterns that double as fountains all work together to reduce average stormwater runoff into the city’s sewerage system by 97 percent. Read more here.
- Great Lakes Area of Concern Conference Registration Open
- Great Lakes Update: Transition from Obama Administration to Trump Administration Begins
- Weekly News Roundup: Habitat Restoration, Flint, and More
- Great Lakes Washington Update
- Coalition: Trump Administration Has Opportunity to Stand up for Great Lakes, Communities