Several projects on the campus of the University of Wisconsin at Milwaukee, some of which were funded by the Great Lakes Restoration Initiative, have helped decrease stormwater runoff during heavy rainfall. Many green rooftops, a spiral garden, and two storage cisterns that double as fountains all work together to reduce average stormwater runoff into the city’s sewerage system by 97 percent. Read more here.
- ‘Continue Great Lakes Restoration Initiative,’ Advocates Urge in New Paper
- Great Lakes Update from Washington, D.C.
- House supports Great Lakes restoration legislation – again!
- Clinton, Trump Campaigns Commit to Great Lakes Restoration Initiative at Candidate Forum
- Great Lakes Restoration Conference Opening Today in Sandusky, Ohio