This $200,000 project created a mobile lake sturgeon rearing facility with the hopes of increasing the overall lake sturgeon population. This mobile facility tries to trigger an important biological signal in the fish by raising the sturgeon adjacent to the river and using water from there as well. Indeed, some tagged sturgeons have been spotted returning to the river. Read more here.
- ‘Continue Great Lakes Restoration Initiative,’ Advocates Urge in New Paper
- Great Lakes Update from Washington, D.C.
- House supports Great Lakes restoration legislation – again!
- Clinton, Trump Campaigns Commit to Great Lakes Restoration Initiative at Candidate Forum
- Great Lakes Restoration Conference Opening Today in Sandusky, Ohio