This $200,000 project created a mobile lake sturgeon rearing facility with the hopes of increasing the overall lake sturgeon population. This mobile facility tries to trigger an important biological signal in the fish by raising the sturgeon adjacent to the river and using water from there as well. Indeed, some tagged sturgeons have been spotted returning to the river. Read more here.
- Action Alert: Sign On to Urge Appropriators to Fully Fund the Great Lakes Restoration Initiative
- Trump Budget Eliminates Great Lakes Restoration Initiative, Leaving Fate of Lakes in Hands of U.S. Congress
- Great Lakes Advocates in D.C. to Urge Congress to Keep Restoration Efforts on Track
- Coalition: Trump Administration Proposed Cuts to Great Lakes Programs, EPA Unacceptable
- Press Briefing: Trump Administration Proposed Cuts, Rollbacks—Implications for Great Lakes