This $200,000 project created a mobile lake sturgeon rearing facility with the hopes of increasing the overall lake sturgeon population. This mobile facility tries to trigger an important biological signal in the fish by raising the sturgeon adjacent to the river and using water from there as well. Indeed, some tagged sturgeons have been spotted returning to the river. Read more here.
- Great Lakes Area of Concern Conference Registration Open
- Great Lakes Update: Transition from Obama Administration to Trump Administration Begins
- Weekly News Roundup: Habitat Restoration, Flint, and More
- Great Lakes Washington Update
- Coalition: Trump Administration Has Opportunity to Stand up for Great Lakes, Communities