A new migratory preserve, built on the site of a former golf course is providing habitat for wildlife near the coast of Lake Michigan. This $2,900,000 project, with some funding from the Great Lakes Restoration Initiative, has restored the land to a mix of hardwood forest, prairie, and wetlands. All these habitats are attracting a wide range of birds back to Lake Michigan’s shores. Read more here.
- Great Lakes Update from Washington, D.C.
- House supports Great Lakes restoration legislation – again!
- Clinton, Trump Campaigns Commit to Great Lakes Restoration Initiative at Candidate Forum
- Great Lakes Restoration Conference Opening Today in Sandusky, Ohio
- Great Lakes Advocates to Gather in Sandusky, Ohio, to Earn Commitments from Clinton, Trump