A new migratory preserve, built on the site of a former golf course is providing habitat for wildlife near the coast of Lake Michigan. This $2,900,000 project, with some funding from the Great Lakes Restoration Initiative, has restored the land to a mix of hardwood forest, prairie, and wetlands. All these habitats are attracting a wide range of birds back to Lake Michigan’s shores. Read more here.
- Great Lakes Area of Concern Conference Registration Open
- Great Lakes Update: Transition from Obama Administration to Trump Administration Begins
- Weekly News Roundup: Habitat Restoration, Flint, and More
- Great Lakes Washington Update
- Coalition: Trump Administration Has Opportunity to Stand up for Great Lakes, Communities