A new migratory preserve, built on the site of a former golf course is providing habitat for wildlife near the coast of Lake Michigan. This $2,900,000 project, with some funding from the Great Lakes Restoration Initiative, has restored the land to a mix of hardwood forest, prairie, and wetlands. All these habitats are attracting a wide range of birds back to Lake Michigan’s shores. Read more here.
- Action Alert: Sign On to Urge Appropriators to Fully Fund the Great Lakes Restoration Initiative
- Trump Budget Eliminates Great Lakes Restoration Initiative, Leaving Fate of Lakes in Hands of U.S. Congress
- Great Lakes Advocates in D.C. to Urge Congress to Keep Restoration Efforts on Track
- Coalition: Trump Administration Proposed Cuts to Great Lakes Programs, EPA Unacceptable
- Press Briefing: Trump Administration Proposed Cuts, Rollbacks—Implications for Great Lakes