A community on the south side of Milwaukee has worked together with the Milwaukee Metropolitan Sewerage District, with funding from the Great Lakes Restoration Initiative, to restore the Kinnickinnic River. The river was allowed to meander more, boulder clusters were put in to increase the complexity of the stream, and green areas adjacent to the water allow the community to enjoy the space. Read more here.
- Great Lakes Area of Concern Conference Registration Open
- Great Lakes Update: Transition from Obama Administration to Trump Administration Begins
- Weekly News Roundup: Habitat Restoration, Flint, and More
- Great Lakes Washington Update
- Coalition: Trump Administration Has Opportunity to Stand up for Great Lakes, Communities