A community on the south side of Milwaukee has worked together with the Milwaukee Metropolitan Sewerage District, with funding from the Great Lakes Restoration Initiative, to restore the Kinnickinnic River. The river was allowed to meander more, boulder clusters were put in to increase the complexity of the stream, and green areas adjacent to the water allow the community to enjoy the space. Read more here.
- ‘Continue Great Lakes Restoration Initiative,’ Advocates Urge in New Paper
- Great Lakes Update from Washington, D.C.
- House supports Great Lakes restoration legislation – again!
- Clinton, Trump Campaigns Commit to Great Lakes Restoration Initiative at Candidate Forum
- Great Lakes Restoration Conference Opening Today in Sandusky, Ohio