A community on the south side of Milwaukee has worked together with the Milwaukee Metropolitan Sewerage District, with funding from the Great Lakes Restoration Initiative, to restore the Kinnickinnic River. The river was allowed to meander more, boulder clusters were put in to increase the complexity of the stream, and green areas adjacent to the water allow the community to enjoy the space. Read more here.
- Action Alert: Sign On to Urge Appropriators to Fully Fund the Great Lakes Restoration Initiative
- Trump Budget Eliminates Great Lakes Restoration Initiative, Leaving Fate of Lakes in Hands of U.S. Congress
- Great Lakes Advocates in D.C. to Urge Congress to Keep Restoration Efforts on Track
- Coalition: Trump Administration Proposed Cuts to Great Lakes Programs, EPA Unacceptable
- Press Briefing: Trump Administration Proposed Cuts, Rollbacks—Implications for Great Lakes