Restoration projects underway and completed on Belle Isle—a Detroit-owned public park, now cared for by the state of Michigan—have focused on fish and wildlife habitat restoration. Two success stories detail the work being done at the island’s South Fishing Pier, to improve fishing and fish habitat, and the work to restore Blue Heron Lagoon as a way to further support fish and wildlife on the island. Both projects are already helping restore the health of the Detroit River by providing needed wetland and shore habitat.
- Action Alert: Urge U.S. House Members to support Water Resources and Development Act
- ‘Continue Great Lakes Restoration Initiative,’ Advocates Urge in New Paper
- Great Lakes Update from Washington, D.C.
- House supports Great Lakes restoration legislation – again!
- Clinton, Trump Campaigns Commit to Great Lakes Restoration Initiative at Candidate Forum