Restoration projects underway and completed on Belle Isle—a Detroit-owned public park, now cared for by the state of Michigan—have focused on fish and wildlife habitat restoration. Two success stories detail the work being done at the island’s South Fishing Pier, to improve fishing and fish habitat, and the work to restore Blue Heron Lagoon as a way to further support fish and wildlife on the island. Both projects are already helping restore the health of the Detroit River by providing needed wetland and shore habitat.
- Great Lakes Area of Concern Conference Registration Open
- Great Lakes Update: Transition from Obama Administration to Trump Administration Begins
- Weekly News Roundup: Habitat Restoration, Flint, and More
- Great Lakes Washington Update
- Coalition: Trump Administration Has Opportunity to Stand up for Great Lakes, Communities