- Updated Action Alert: Extended Deadline to Urge Representatives to Support GLRI Funding
- Action Alert: Urge Representatives to Sign On to Support GLRI Funding
- Great Lakes Update: Transition from Obama Administration to Trump Administration Begins
- Weekly News Roundup: Habitat Restoration, Flint, and More
- Great Lakes Washington Update
Great Lakes Day
Hearing from constituents in face-to-face meetings with U.S. senators and representatives sends a powerful message to public officials that Great Lakes restoration is an important priority.
Every year, the Healing Our Waters-Great Lakes Coalition helps send more than 100 citizens to Washington, D.C., to urge elected officials to support federal programs to restore the Great Lakes.
During the annual 2-day event, the Healing Our Waters-Great Lakes Coalition staff:
• Educate citizens about important Great Lakes issues;
• Help arrange visits with Congressional members and staff;
• Provide training about how to meet with public officials.
Citizens from the Great Lakes states of Illinois, Indiana, Michigan, Minnesota, New York, Ohio, Pennsylvania and Wisconsin attend Great Lakes days, which is held in collaboration with the Great Lakes Commission and Northeast-Midwest Institute.
The 2014 Great Lakes Day will take place March 5-6 in Washington, D.C.