Yesterday the Secretary of Agriculture, Tom Vilsack, announced the recipients of the first round of grant funding from the Regional Conservation Partnership Program, a new program under the 2014 Farm Bill. The RCPP provides funding under three categories: national, state, and critical conservation area—including the Great Lakes. Projects funded by the RCPP will tackle water pollution issues, nutrient runoff, and fish and wildlife habitat restoration. The Healing Our Waters-Great Lakes Coalition is excited for these first round of grants that will benefit the Great Lakes and beyond. You can read more about the program and see a cool infographic made by the USDA on Secretary Vilsack’s blog.
- ‘Continue Great Lakes Restoration Initiative,’ Advocates Urge in New Paper
- Great Lakes Update from Washington, D.C.
- House supports Great Lakes restoration legislation – again!
- Clinton, Trump Campaigns Commit to Great Lakes Restoration Initiative at Candidate Forum
- Great Lakes Restoration Conference Opening Today in Sandusky, Ohio