Today is the last day of River Rally, the annual gathering hosted by River Network to tackle problems related to water quality, water access, and water protection. The Coalition’s Campaign Director, Todd Ambs, spoke at River Rally’s opening plenary on May 2 about the importance of the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency and U.S. Army Corps of Engineer’s Protect Clean Water rule. The rule, which we have written about before, provides critically needed clarity on the extent of the Clean Water Act. Because of two Supreme Court cases, parts of the Clean Water Act that historically protected small rivers and wetlands have become unclear. The Protect Clean Water rule addresses these points of confusion and would provide drinking water protections for 30 million in the Great Lakes region alone.
- Great Lakes Area of Concern Conference Registration Open
- Great Lakes Update: Transition from Obama Administration to Trump Administration Begins
- Weekly News Roundup: Habitat Restoration, Flint, and More
- Great Lakes Washington Update
- Coalition: Trump Administration Has Opportunity to Stand up for Great Lakes, Communities