- Washington Update: Fiscal Year 2018 Deliberations
- Washington Update: Continuing Resolutions and Year End Negotiations
- Senate Interior Bill Maintains Great Lakes Funding
- Updated Action Alert: U.S. House Circulates Sign On Letter Urging Administration to Fund Great Lakes in FY19
- U.S. Senators Ask Office of Management and Budget to Fund GLRI at $300 Million in FY19
- Conference Updates (35)
- Field Work (3)
- Funding Opportunity (22)
- Great Lakes Days (8)
- Great Lakes Restoration Initiative (95)
- In the News (99)
- Infrastructure (1)
- Policy (57)
- Press Releases (145)
- Success Stories (139)
- Take Action (42)
- Threats (18)
- Washington Update (16)
Healing Our Waters Grants
The Healing Our Waters-Great Lakes Coalition grants program provides funding to aid the development and implementation of restoration proposals or projects by local organizations working on the coalition’s identified priority areas. The Healing Our Waters-Great Lakes Coalition’s granting program is administered by Freshwater Future, a regional organization aiming to protect and restore the water quality of the Great Lakes basin with expertise in running small granting programs to leverage Great Lakes restoration.
The $200,000 in grants the coalition issued in 2010 to help local conservation groups participate in the Great Lakes Restoration Initiative has resulted in more than $1.6 million in Great Lakes Restoration Initiative funds for restoration projects—an 8-to-1 return on investment. Read the press release. Read a fact sheet on all outcomes from the coalition’s 2010 grants.
Read about the Coalition’s 2011 grant recipients
Read about the Coalition’s 2010 grant recipients
For questions or information on the Coalition’s grant program, please contact Cheryl Kallio, HOW Implementation Coordinator, at Cheryl@freshwaterfuture.org.