The Great Lakes Restoration Initiative, through the Fish Passage Program, will award $645,000 to projects around the Great Lakes that increase access upstream to fish and other aquatic life. Eight projects will increase the connectivity of more than 91 stream miles. Since 2010, more than 267 stream miles have been reconnected through this program. Read more about the program, as well as how the awarded funds will be used, here.
- ‘Continue Great Lakes Restoration Initiative,’ Advocates Urge in New Paper
- Great Lakes Update from Washington, D.C.
- House supports Great Lakes restoration legislation – again!
- Clinton, Trump Campaigns Commit to Great Lakes Restoration Initiative at Candidate Forum
- Great Lakes Restoration Conference Opening Today in Sandusky, Ohio