The Great Lakes Restoration Initiative, through the Fish Passage Program, will award $645,000 to projects around the Great Lakes that increase access upstream to fish and other aquatic life. Eight projects will increase the connectivity of more than 91 stream miles. Since 2010, more than 267 stream miles have been reconnected through this program. Read more about the program, as well as how the awarded funds will be used, here.
- Action Alert: Sign On to Urge Appropriators to Fully Fund the Great Lakes Restoration Initiative
- Trump Budget Eliminates Great Lakes Restoration Initiative, Leaving Fate of Lakes in Hands of U.S. Congress
- Great Lakes Advocates in D.C. to Urge Congress to Keep Restoration Efforts on Track
- Coalition: Trump Administration Proposed Cuts to Great Lakes Programs, EPA Unacceptable
- Press Briefing: Trump Administration Proposed Cuts, Rollbacks—Implications for Great Lakes