Wisconsin Governor James Doyle (D) has provided E&ETV with an argument for climate change legislation from his state’s perspective. This is a very interesting piece since the Great Lakes state of Wisconsin is a steeped in the manufacturing sector, but there are also a heck of a lot of farms there – the very type of states targeted by opponents of the legislation. In fact, Wisconsin has moved ahead of the Federal government with state legislation that addresses climate change. The Governor also discusses how federal stimulus funds will help build jobs in his state. To view the video or read the transcript go to: http://www.eenews.net/tv/transcript/1012.
- Action Alert: Sign On to Urge Appropriators to Fully Fund the Great Lakes Restoration Initiative
- Trump Budget Eliminates Great Lakes Restoration Initiative, Leaving Fate of Lakes in Hands of U.S. Congress
- Great Lakes Advocates in D.C. to Urge Congress to Keep Restoration Efforts on Track
- Coalition: Trump Administration Proposed Cuts to Great Lakes Programs, EPA Unacceptable
- Press Briefing: Trump Administration Proposed Cuts, Rollbacks—Implications for Great Lakes