The National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration has announced a funding opportunity for coastal resilience projects that may be of interest to groups around the Great Lakes. The 2015 Regional Coastal Resilience Grants Program will award grants of $500,000 to $1 million for projects that help coastal communities become more resilient in the face of extreme weather. More information, including links to the full funding opportunity, FAQs, and an applicant checklist, can be found here. We have checked with NOAA to confirm this opportunity is open to projects in the Great Lakes states. Proposals are due by July 24, 2015.
- Action Alert: Urge U.S. House Members to support Water Resources and Development Act
- ‘Continue Great Lakes Restoration Initiative,’ Advocates Urge in New Paper
- Great Lakes Update from Washington, D.C.
- House supports Great Lakes restoration legislation – again!
- Clinton, Trump Campaigns Commit to Great Lakes Restoration Initiative at Candidate Forum