The National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration has announced a funding opportunity for coastal resilience projects that may be of interest to groups around the Great Lakes. The 2015 Regional Coastal Resilience Grants Program will award grants of $500,000 to $1 million for projects that help coastal communities become more resilient in the face of extreme weather. More information, including links to the full funding opportunity, FAQs, and an applicant checklist, can be found here. We have checked with NOAA to confirm this opportunity is open to projects in the Great Lakes states. Proposals are due by July 24, 2015.
- Great Lakes Area of Concern Conference Registration Open
- Great Lakes Update: Transition from Obama Administration to Trump Administration Begins
- Weekly News Roundup: Habitat Restoration, Flint, and More
- Great Lakes Washington Update
- Coalition: Trump Administration Has Opportunity to Stand up for Great Lakes, Communities