- Coalition Postpones Great Lakes Restoration Conference Due to Strike
- CONFERENCE ATTENDEES PLEASE READ: Conference Postponed—Action Required
- IMPORTANT INFORMATION REGARDING THE 2018 GREAT LAKES CONFERENCE
- Coalition on New Study: Great Lakes Investments Paying off for People, Communities
- Washington Watch: House Interior Bill Funds Great Lakes Restoration Initiative, Frustrates Administration
The Healing Our Waters-Great Lakes Coalition works with conservation leaders in states around the Great Lakes region to advance our goal to secure federal funding to restore and protect the lakes. Our partners in the states of Minnesota, Wisconsin, Illinois, Indiana, Michigan, Ohio, Pennsylvania, and New York are the backbone of our restoration advocacy: they visit members of Congress both in Washington, DC and in district offices to talk about the importance of the Great Lakes. Our partners also lead tours of restoration sites around the Great Lakes for members of Congress and other restoration partners, showing the progress that has been made and also how much work remains. Read more about the work our partners do.
The Coalition formerly provided funding for organizations around the Great Lakes that wanted to work on restoration projects. These grants provided seed money to help organizations take the first steps necessary to win federal funding on a larger scale. In 2011 the Coalition awarded $133,000 in grants to local conservation groups, which helped them secure about $1.1 million in federal Great Lakes Restoration Initiative funding—an 8-to-1 return on investment.