- Great Lakes Restoration Conference Opening Today in Sandusky, Ohio
- Great Lakes Advocates to Gather in Sandusky, Ohio, to Earn Commitments from Clinton, Trump
- Coalition to U.S. Congress: Don’t Delay on Great Lakes Restoration Priorities
- Groups Invite Clinton, Trump to Present Great Lakes Platforms at Annual Conference
- House Passes Great Lakes Funding Bill
The Healing Our Waters-Great Lakes Coalition works with conservation leaders in states around the Great Lakes region to advance our goal to secure federal funding to restore and protect the lakes. Our partners in the states of Minnesota, Wisconsin, Illinois, Indiana, Michigan, Ohio, Pennsylvania, and New York are the backbone of our restoration advocacy: they visit members of Congress both in Washington, DC and in district offices to talk about the importance of the Great Lakes. Our partners also lead tours of restoration sites around the Great Lakes for members of Congress and other restoration partners, showing the progress that has been made and also how much work remains. Read more about the work our partners do.
The Coalition also provides funding for organizations around the Great Lakes that want to work on restoration projects. This is our Implementation Grant Program, which member organization Freshwater Future helps us run. Coalition grants provide seed money to help organizations take the first steps necessary to win federal funding on a larger scale. In 2011 the Coalition awarded $133,000 in grants to local conservation groups, which helped them secure about $1.1 million in federal Great Lakes Restoration Initiative funding—an 8-to-1 return on investment. Learn more about how to apply and see projects and groups we’ve funded in the past.