- Updated Action Alert: Extended Deadline to Urge Representatives to Support GLRI Funding
- Action Alert: Urge Representatives to Sign On to Support GLRI Funding
- Great Lakes Update: Transition from Obama Administration to Trump Administration Begins
- Weekly News Roundup: Habitat Restoration, Flint, and More
- Great Lakes Washington Update
Threats from Toxic Pollution
Persistent, high concentrations of pollutants in the soil of rivers and harbors in the Great Lakes threaten the health of people, fish and wildlife. They also drive down home property values. We can change that. By removing toxic mud and sludge from Great Lakes rivers and harbors, restoration programs are helping local communities redefine their waterfronts, inspire new business development and attract people to the shores of the Great Lakes. Read about the Great Lakes Areas of Concern from the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency.