- Action Alert: Contact House Members to Support Great Lakes Restoration Funding
- Coalition Seeks Qualifications From Groups For State Leader Work
- Coalition Postpones Great Lakes Restoration Conference Due to Strike
- CONFERENCE ATTENDEES PLEASE READ: Conference Postponed—Action Required
- IMPORTANT INFORMATION REGARDING THE 2018 GREAT LAKES CONFERENCE
Threats from Sewage Contamination
Antiquated wastewater systems spill at least 41 billion gallons of sewage into the Lakes every year, closing beaches, threatening public health, and undermining the quality of life for the millions of people who call the region home. We have solutions to halt sewage contamination. Increasingly, communities are restoring wetlands, building rain gardens and installing permeable pavement to deal with storm water before it overwhelms city infrastructure and causes sewage to enter local waterways. Read our 2010 report: Turning the Tide.