- Washington Watch: House Interior Bill Funds Great Lakes Restoration Initiative, Frustrates Administration
- Coalition to EPA: Strong Action Plan Essential to Maintain Progress on Great Lakes Restoration
- Celebrating the 10-Year Anniversary of a Public Compact for the Great Lakes
- U.S. Environmental Protection Agency to Host Public Engagement Sessions On Great Lakes Restoration
- Washington Update: Farm Bill Stalled and Water Resources Funding Advances
About the Coalition
The Healing Our Waters-Great Lakes Coalition consists of more than 150 environmental, conservation, and outdoor recreation organizations; zoos, aquariums, and museums. Our member organizations represent millions of people who share a common goal: restoring and protecting North America’s greatest freshwater resources, the Great Lakes. Read our mission statement here.
The Coalition maintains an active presence in Washington, D.C., to educate federal public officials about the importance of Great Lakes restoration through events like Great Lakes Days. The Coalition is also active in the Great Lakes states of Minnesota, Wisconsin, Illinois, Indiana, Michigan, Ohio, Pennsylvania, and New York, by supporting our federal advocacy work as well as restoration projects on the ground through our grant program. Activists from D.C. and the region come together for our annual Great Lakes Restoration Conference, held each fall.