- 14th Annual Great Lakes Restoration Conference Request for Workshops and Field trips Now Open
- U.S. Senators Reject Attempt to Weaken Protections from Aquatic Invasive Species
- U.S. Senate Assault on Clean Water Act Will Leave Environment, Economy Vulnerable to Invasive Species
- Senate to Vote on Bill Exempting Ships from Clean Water Act
- Action Alert: Tell Your Senator to Oppose Ballast Water Regulation Changes
About the Coalition
The Healing Our Waters-Great Lakes Coalition consists of more than 145 environmental, conservation, and outdoor recreation organizations; zoos, aquariums, and museums. Our member organizations represent millions of people who share a common goal: restoring and protecting North America’s greatest freshwater resources, the Great Lakes. Read our mission statement here.
The Coalition maintains an active presence in Washington, D.C., to educate federal public officials about the importance of Great Lakes restoration through events like Great Lakes Days. The Coalition is also active in the Great Lakes states of Minnesota, Wisconsin, Illinois, Indiana, Michigan, Ohio, Pennsylvania, and New York, by supporting our federal advocacy work as well as restoration projects on the ground through our grant program. Activists from D.C. and the region come together for our annual Great Lakes Restoration Conference, held each fall.