- Updated Action Alert: Extended Deadline to Urge Representatives to Support GLRI Funding
- Action Alert: Urge Representatives to Sign On to Support GLRI Funding
- Great Lakes Update: Transition from Obama Administration to Trump Administration Begins
- Weekly News Roundup: Habitat Restoration, Flint, and More
- Great Lakes Washington Update
2016 Great Lakes Poll
In February 2016 the Healing Our Waters-Great Lakes Coalition commissioned a poll by Belden Russonello Strategists which surveyed 1,535 people living in the eight Great Lakes states: Ohio, Illinois, Indiana, Michigan, Minnesota, Wisconsin, New York (excluding the New York City metropolitan area), and Pennsylvania (Erie County, only). The poll shows that large majorities (86 percent) living in the Great Lakes strongly support the federal government’s annual investment of $300 million in Great Lakes restoration. Additionally, people polled feel that there are threats that remain in the lakes, and that these should be addressed by federal government investments. The most compelling reasons to protect the lakes all have to do with drinking water–the Great Lakes provide drinking water for 30 million people and they should be protected.