- Washington Watch: House Interior Bill Funds Great Lakes Restoration Initiative, Frustrates Administration
- Coalition to EPA: Strong Action Plan Essential to Maintain Progress on Great Lakes Restoration
- Celebrating the 10-Year Anniversary of a Public Compact for the Great Lakes
- U.S. Environmental Protection Agency to Host Public Engagement Sessions On Great Lakes Restoration
- Washington Update: Farm Bill Stalled and Water Resources Funding Advances
2016 Great Lakes Protection and Restoration Presidential Platform
The Healing Our Waters-Great Lakes Coalition is excited to announce our Great Lakes Protection and Restoration Presidential Platform for the 2016 presidential election! The coalition is joined by the Council of Great Lakes Industries, the Great Lakes and St. Lawrence Cities Initiative, the Great Lakes Commission, and the Great Lakes Metro Chambers Coalition in asking the presidential candidates to support our Great Lakes.
Read the full platform here.
Read our press release here.
Download a recording of our tele-press conference here.
Read our platform 101, which should help answer basic questions about the platform.
We are asking the 2016 presidential candidates to:
- Support the Great Lakes Restoration Initiative at $300 million per year;
- Support the implementation of a regional agreement by the region’s governors and the premier of Ontario to reduce nutrient runoff into Western Lake Erie by 40 percent by 2025 to curb harmful algal blooms;
- Support federal investments in infrastructure necessary to reduce sewage overflows, protect drinking water and preserve opportunities for recreation and tourism; and,
- Support infrastructure investments to maintain and improve locks, ports, harbors and other maritime assets.
Connect with our partners by visiting their websites, linked below.
Council of Great Lakes Industries
Great Lakes and St. Lawrence Cities Initiative
Great Lakes Commission
Great Lakes Metro Chambers Coalition